You’ve decided that you’re going to sell your home as a Short Sale. Now what? Let’s talk home preparation.
“What?”, you say…prepare your home to be sold as a Short Sale? “Why should I prepare my home to be sold as a Short Sale as all Buyers expect Short Sales to be in shambles?” Says who? Your goal is to get your home sold for the highest price, right? The more money you can get a Buyer to pay for your home, the less deficiency that you might have to worry about. We all know that the most favorable outcome of a Short Sale is for your Lender to release you from any deficiency and to show your mortgage note to have been satisfied. So we’re going to still concentrate on getting top dollar.
Let’s get going on getting your home tip top ready. These suggestions apply to whether you’re selling your home as a Short Sale or not. We’re talking common tips for getting top dollar:
- Clean, clean, clean. This doesn’t have to cost you a penny just a bit of elbow grease yet it can make all the difference in a Buyer’s eyes. Sparkling clean.
- Unclutter. Are you one to keep all types of knick knacks and commonly used items on your kitchen and bathroom counter tops? Put them out of view and under the counter tops. How about your table tops throughout your home? Clean ’em up.
- Big Lots. Does your home look like you just shopped at the local Big Lots store where you bought in bulk to save money? Are you busting at the seams. Your home shouldn’t look like you’re going to explode. Pack up and move out the extras that make it hard to close your cupboards and closet doors. Ensure your cupboards and closets are neat and orderly.
- Let there be light. Make sure that all of your lamps and overheads have new bulbs. Nothing shows a home nicer than light. Darkness spells dreary. Open your blinds and curtains if your home before the showing or make sure that you blinds and curtains can be easily opened by visiting Realtors with their Buyers.
- Aroma. Nothing is more pleasant then entering a home that smells lovely. Burning candles are nice if you’re able to be at home for showings. If not, maybe burn them before you leave to have the lingering candle scent. Yet back to #1 Clean, Clean, Clean for that good aroma.
- Manicured. Try to keep your yard cut and trim. Or how about a fresh pot of potted flowers by the front door – nothing is more welcoming than vibrant flowers. Don’t forget too to have your front door cleaned of dirt and debris; wipe away those spider webs.
These are some pretty common tips yet sometimes we just need to be reminded of them as they really don’t cost you anythng other than a bit of labor on your part; unless of course, if you don’t care for your own yard.
So before you consider selling your home as a Short Sale here in Coral Springs or the surrounding south florida areas, review the list above to get your home in tip top shape for Short Sale selling. Go for the most you can get for your home as it can matter.
Mortgage Assistance Relief Services Disclosure
Keller Williams Partners Realty is not associated with the government and our services have not been approved by the government or your Lender. If you stop paying your mortgage you could lose your home and damage your credit. Your Lender may not agree to the change of your loan and/or a Short Sale.With a Short Sale, there are no guarantees offered and we cannot provide legal advice. Seek legal advice.